What is speed reading?
- Reading quickly is a useful skill.
- Speed reading practices that.
- Speed reading is like quick-writing: quantity, not quality.
- You will read a text and take a quiz (5-7 minutes).
- The quiz is just to check if you are reading too slowly/quickly.
- Do at least one book this term (total 20)
- Bonus points are available.
- 3 readings = 1 bonus point
- Maximum 5 bonus points (i.e. 15 extra = 35 readings)
1) Find the speed reading folder in the Shared Materials folder
- Download the books
- Start with book 1
2) You can read it on a BIG screen (monitor, tablet) or print it
- No phones
- No switching. Print every time or screen every time
3) Read the text.
- Don't take notes.
- Don't use a dictionary
- Read as fast as you can while still understanding 80%+
4) Answer the quiz without looking at the text
5) Check your answers: Speed Reading answers
- If your score is < 6, read slower next time
- If your score is 6/7/8, you're fine.
- If your score is 9 or 10, read faster next time.
6) Add your score next time you log input