In manage time you learned to make a plan.
However, if you look at your plan and want to do nothing, try one of these tricks.
Trick 1: Set a Timer
- Set a timer for 10/20/30 minutes
- Study for at least that long
- In Japanese: (link)
Trick 2: Starting is hardest. So just start.
- Just take the first step
- Open Word and write the title.
- Pack a bag and go to the Gym or the Library
- Promise yourself that you can stop there if you want
- However, once you started, it's easier to continue
Trick 3: Don't Break the Chain.
1) Get a Calendar
- A big paper calendar that goes in front of your desk
- An App for tracking several things. My favourite is Chains (link)
2) Cross off every day you study
3) Do not break your streak! Link in Japanese: (link)
Trick 4: Compete
- Compete with yourself
- Track your important scores (QW word count, time to run 5km, study time)
- There are apps for exercise: steps walked (FitBit), cycling distance (Strava)
- Keep a chart. There are lots of apps for this, but paper is sometimes easier.
- Every week, try to beat yourself (less TV, faster 5km, more words)
- Also compete with others!
- Every week, try to beat your friends
Trick 5: Form a Study Group
- If someone is waiting for you, you have to go study.
- If you don't understand, someone else does
- Combine it with tracking (Trick 4)
- Compete with your friends! Who can study the most?
- Compete with other groups! Which group can study the most?
- If you can't meet in person, try an app.
- FOr vocab, for example, try Memrise: (link)
Trick 6: Reduce Distractions
- Turn off notifications from Line, etc.
- Go to the coffee shop or the library.
- Delete SMS you don't use much
- Hide your Playstation controllers
- Unsubscribed from streaming video service
- Use a browser plugin (NoScript) to break distracting websites
Don't go too far with this - you need to relax occasionally.
Just make it more difficult to get distracted
Trick 7: Speak to someone
- Speak to your seniors
- Speak to a more motivated friedn
- Visit Malc: Malc's schedule
Trick 8: Stay healthy!
Sometimes you feel unmotivated because of your physical condition
- Get some exercise
- Cook a healthy meal
- Go to bed early
- Stand up and move around
- Have a coffee (if you're sleepy)
- Stop drinking coffee (if you're getting stressed)
Trick 9: Other ideas from other students
- Take a bath
- Listen to some heavy music
- Reward yourself with sweets
- Have a nap.